Boldly Creating Life Foundation (BCLF) has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to your privacy and the protection of your information. To better protect your privacy, we provide this notice explaining our information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used.
By accessing our website or purchasing our products or services you agree to this Privacy Statement in addition to any other agreements we might have with you. All the information we collect from you will only be used for the purpose of providing you the product, service or information you voluntary requested. We collect personal information from you at the certain points, including but not limited to the following:
● when we correspond with you as a customer or prospective customer;
● when you visit our website;
● when you register as an end-user of our services and an account is created for you;
● when you contact us for help;
● when you attend our customer conferences or webinars; and
● when the site sends us error reports or application analytics data.
● deliver the products and services that you have requested;
● provide you with customer support;
● perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others;
● communicate with you by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us.
● develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our site and other websites such as social media;
● verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes;
● enforce our terms and conditions;
● manage our business.
Third Party Contractors
As required by law enforcement, government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to our Company; or when we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our agreements or Company policies.
We may, from time to time, offer surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions on our Websites or through social media (collectively “Our Promotions”). Participation in our Promotions is completely voluntary. Information requested for entry may include personal contact information such as your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address, username, and similar details. We may also, unless prohibited by the Promotion’s rules or law, use the information provided to communicate with you, or other people you select, about our Services. We may share this information with our affiliates and other organizations or Service Providers in line with this policy and the rules posted for the Promotion.
We have public blogs. Any information you include in a comment on our blogs may be read, collected, and used by anyone. If your Personal Information appears on our blogs and you want it removed, contact us.
Our Websites include social media features, these features may collect information about your IP address and which page you are visiting on our Website, and they may set a cookie to make sure the feature functions properly. Social media features and widgets are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our Website. We also maintain presences on social media platforms including but not limited to Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr and Instagram. Any information, communications, or materials you submit to us via a social media platform is done at your own risk without any expectation of privacy. We cannot control the actions of other users of these platforms or the actions of the platforms themselves.
Our Company uses industry-standard technologies when transferring and receiving data exchanged between our Company and other companies to help ensure its security. This site has security measures in place to help protect information under our control from the risk of accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, alteration or unauthorized disclosure or access. However, “perfect security” does not exist on the Internet. Also, if this website contains links to other sites, our Company is not responsible for the security practices or the content of such sites.
Cookies may be used. Cookies are text files we place in your computer’s browser to store your preferences. Cookies, by themselves, do not tell us your e-mail address or other personally identifiable information unless you choose to provide this information to us by, for example, registering at one of our sites. However, once you choose to furnish the site with personal information, this information may be linked to the data stored in the cookie.
Our Company and third parties may also use small pieces of code called “web beacons” or “clear gifs” to collect anonymous and aggregate advertising metrics, such as counting page views, promotion views, or advertising responses. These “web beacons” may be used to deliver cookies that conform to our Company’s cookie requirements.
We may create links to other websites. We will make a reasonable effort to link only to sites that meet similar standards for maintaining each individual’s right to privacy. However, many other sites that are not associated with or authorized by our Company may have links leading to our site. Our Company cannot control these links and we are not responsible for any content appearing on these sites. Since this website does not control the privacy policies of third parties, you are subject to the privacy practices of that third party. We encourage you to ask questions before you disclose any personal information to others.
Our Company websites may use third parties to present or serve the advertisements that you may see at its web pages and to conduct research about the advertisements and web usage. This Privacy Statement does not cover any use of information that such third parties may have collected from you or the methods used by the third parties to collect that information.
We will retain any personal information only for as long as is necessary to fulfill the business purpose it was collected. You will always be given the option to sign up for our newsletter. If you did sign up for newsletter you always have the opportunity to unsubscribe with every newsletter your receive. You may also contact us to be removed.
We will also retain and use your personal information for as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Information collected from international users you may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which our Company or agents or contractors maintain facilities, and by accessing our sites and using our services, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country. European Union or Swiss individuals may refer to the Privacy Shield statement with regard to the transfer of their personal data. We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site. Merchants and Partners
The GDPR also applies to the merchants and partners of HSI who operate in the EU/EEA (European Union/European Economic Area) or Switzerland and offer goods or services to residents of the EU/EEA or Switzerland. While HSI is performing action to be compliant with GDPR, and to provide its merchants with tools to help its merchants comply, each merchant is ultimately responsible for ensuring that their business complies with the laws of the jurisdictions in which they operate or have buyers. Using BCLF does not guarantee that a merchant or partner complies with GDPR.
Buyers, Merchants and Partners Access to and Updating or Deletion of your Personal Information
The GDPR also gives certain rights to identified or identifiable persons (referred to as data subjects), these include the right to request at no cost;
● Deletion of personal data
● Correction of their data
● Access to their data
● An export of their data in a portable format
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
Privacy Shield Statement
BCLF complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland.
“Personal Data” means information that (1) is transferred from the EU/EEA or Switzerland to the United States; (2) is recorded in any form; (3) is about or pertains to a specific individual; and (4) can be linked to that individual.
“Sensitive Personal Information” means personal information that reveals race, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or that concerns an individual’s health.
Our company may receive Personal Data from its own personnel as well as from its affiliates and other parties located in the EU/EEA. Such information may contain names, addresses, email addresses and payment information and may be about customers, clients of customers, business partners, consultants, employees, and candidates for employment and includes information recorded on various media as well as electronic data.
Other than its own human resources data, BCLF generally does not collect Personal Data directly from individuals. BCLF, however, acting as a data processor may receive Personal Data via its customers.
Personal Data Collection Principles:
1. We shall inform an individual of the purpose for which we collect and use their Personal Data and the types of third parties to which our Company discloses or may disclose that Personal Data. Our Company shall provide the individual with the choice and means for limiting the use and disclosure of their Personal Data. Notice will be provided in clear and conspicuous language when individuals are first asked to provide Personal Data to our Company, or as soon as practicable thereafter, and in any event before our Company uses or discloses the Personal Data for a purpose other than for which it was originally collected. HSI may be required to disclose Personal Data in response to lawful request by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
2. Individuals have the opportunity to choose (opt out) whether their Personal Data is (1) to be disclosed to a non-Agent third party or (2) to be used for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the individual by contacting our privacy officer via email at info@BCLF.org. Agents, technology vendors and/or contractors of BCLF or its affiliates may have access to an individual’s Personal Data on a need to know basis for the purpose of performing services on behalf of HSI or providing or enabling elements of the services. All such agents, technology vendors and contractors who have access to such information are contractually required to keep the information confidential and not use it for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing or as otherwise required by law.
3. Accountability for Onward Transfer. Prior to disclosing Personal Data to a third party, we shall notify the individual of such disclosure and allow the individual the choice (opt out) of such disclosure. We will:
● Limit the data you share with your partners and vendors to only that data you have permission to share.
● Proactively confirm that your partners and vendors understand purpose limitations.
● Ensure partners and vendors will make reasonable efforts to comply with the purpose limitation and appropriate protection of that data.
● Ascertain that the agent is obligated to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by the Principles.
● Take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure that the agent effectively processes the personal information transferred in a manner consistent with the organization’s obligations under the Principles.
● Upon notice, take reasonable and appropriate steps to stop and remediate unauthorized processing.
4. Data Security. We shall take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Our Company has put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the Personal Data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, our Company cannot guarantee the security of Personal Data on or transmitted via the Internet.
5. Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation. We shall only process Personal Data in a way that is compatible with and relevant for the purpose for which it was collected or authorized by the individual. To the extent necessary for those purposes, our Company shall take reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
6. Access and Recourse. We acknowledge the individual’s right to access their Personal Data. We shall allow an individual access to their Personal Data and allow the individual the opportunity to correct, amend or delete inaccurate information, except where the burden or expense of providing access would be disproportionate to the risks to the privacy of the individual in the case in question or where the rights of persons other than the individual would be violated. Individuals may contact our Privacy Officer via email to request access.
EU DPA Contact:
https://ec.europa.eu/info/departments/justice-and-consumers_en#contact Phone number+32 2 299 11 11 (Commission switchboard) Postal address: Directorate-General for Justice and Consumers
European Commission 1049 Bruxelles/Brussel Belgium
Data Protection and Information Commissioner of Switzerland
Tell. +41 58 462 43 95; Fax +41 58 462 99 96
Please note that if your complaint is not resolved through any of the above channels, under limited circumstances, a binding arbitration option may be available before a Privacy Shield Panel.
This Privacy Statement may be amended from time to time consistent with the requirements of the Shield Frameworks. We will post any revised policy on this website.
D) Information Subject to Other Policies
We are committed to following the Principles for all Personal Data within the scope of the Privacy Shield Frameworks. However, certain information is subject to policies of BCLF that may differ in some respects from the general policies set forth in this Privacy Statement. Under certain circumstances, you authorize us to disclose any information about you to law enforcement, other government officials or by court order, if in our sole and exclusive discretion, believe necessary or appropriate.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, or wish your information removed from any of our database, you may contact:
Boldly Creating Life Foundation, 243 S. Escondido Blvd., #710, Escondido, CA 92025 - Phone: 442-777-3306 Email: info@BCLF.org
Translate This Page